We collect and process personal data, such as name, address, email address etc., at different places in our digital services. In the following we would like to explain in as much detail as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. Storage, use and processing of personal data
1.1 Collection of personal data
Your personal data are collected for the following purposes:
The storage time for the collected personal data complies with the statutory obligations of retention, whereby this retention period could be extended for up to ten years as a result of commercial or fiscal retention requirements.
1.2 Collection of other data
We also store other non-personal data in order to continuously improve our service for you. We store information in our server log files that for technical reasons is transmitted to us automatically by your browser.
Such data includes:
2. Use of personal data for marketing purposes / NewsletterWe used the data of our registered customers in strict compliance with statutory data protection regulations for our own marketing purposes (buying behaviour). Individual functions of our Internet service allow us to track automatically by default which contents are of particular interest to our customers (please also refer here to the section “Cookies”). Use for our own marketing purposes also includes where applicable the sending of advertising material by post.
We will only send you our Newsletter if you have given us your express consent to do so.
You can at any time object to the use of your data for marketing purposes or revoke your consent of such with future effect with a short written notification without incurring any transmission costs other than the basic rates. There is also a link at the end of every Newsletter that you can use to cancel your subscription to the Newsletter. Alternatively registered users can cancel the Newsletter "HERE".
3. Passing on of the data to third partiesOnly where it is necessary for the processing of orders and where applicable for the promotion of our own products do we pass on your data to our partner companies within the EU who support us with the processing of payment transactions, customer care, the delivery of our products and the compilation and sending of our advertising material. Our partners have been obligated to both the handling of your data in compliance with the data protection regulations and observance of our own data protection standard. In particular, our partners are expressly prohibited from passing on the data of our customers to any third parties for advertising purposes.
Within the framework of the ordering process we reserve the right to undertake a credit assessment with a credit reference agency (e.g. SCHUFA Holding AG). In this case we take your address data into consideration using scientifically approved mathematical methods.
4. Right to information and right of objection
You are entitled to be informed about the personal data collected by us relating to your person and you can at any time revoke with future effect your given consent to the collection, use and processing of your personal data or in the case of incorrect data or revocation of consent you can demand the collected data to be blocked or deleted. To do this please notify us accordingly in text form per email, fax or in writing to:
Fax: +43(0)5 7626-1599
We further point out that data cannot be deleted if these are required for the processing of current contracts, in particular for invoicing or accounting purposes, or if we are obliged by law to retain them.
5. Data securityWe enhance the confidentiality and security of your personal data even further by using all transmitted data solely for the purposes you have indicated and by ensuring that our staff and service providers are contractually obligated to secrecy and adherence to data secrecy.
In order to improve external data security we implement to an adequate extent state-of-the-art security measures. For example, we use so-called SSL 256-bit encryption for the data you transfer to us via the Internet. According to the current state of knowledge this standard of security is deemed safe and is supported by current browsers. We recommend updating the browser you use if it does not support this type of encryption. We use a so-called firewall to protect our servers against unauthorised external access. In addition our servers are protected against unauthorised data retrieval by the implementation of several levels of authorisation and identification verification.
6. Use of social pluginsSo-called “social plugins” are technologies that enable you to make public certain contents via a direct link to members of social networks.
For this purpose we use the Facebook “Like” button and the "Google +1" button. These are services provided by the US American companies Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA) and Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
If you visit one of the pages in our digital service that has a plugin of this kind, your browser sets up a link to Facebook or Google and downloads the contents of these pages. So it is possible for Facebook and Google to track your visit to the pages of our digital service even if you do not use this function actively. If you have an account with Facebook or Google, you can use such a social plugin to share information with your friends. We have no influence here on the content of the plugins or the transmission of information.
Facebook and Google provide detailed information on their websites with regard to the scope, type, purpose and further processing of your data. You will also find more information here concerning your rights and turn-off options for protecting your privacy.
- Facebook at www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Google at www.google.com/policies/privacy
You can prevent Facebook and Google from collecting information about you during a visit to the pages of our digital service by logging off from you social network (Facebook or Google+) before accessing our website and by deleting the cookies stored on your computer. You will find more information about cookies in the section “Cookies”.
Cookies are small text files that are either stored only temporarily on the RAM of a computer (so-called “session cookies”) or stored on the hard drive of a computer (so-called “permanent cookies”). Cookies contain information such as the IP address of the user, previous visits, the websites from which the user visits the website of the provider and the pages the user visits on the website of the provider. The main purpose of cookies is to make the use of the service as convenient as possible, so users do not have to change all settings again every time they visit a website. Cookies are, however, not used to run programmes independently. The IP addresses are deleted again immediately after a purely statistical evaluation has been carried out.
You can refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
8. Google AnalyticsOur digital service also uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). We use the "anonymizeIp“ extension to anonymize your IP address , whereby the last part (8 bits) of your IP address is anonymized in order to exclude any unambiguous assignment of the IP address to your personal data. Google Analytics also uses the so-called “Cookies” mentioned in point 4 above. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, for compiling reports on the website activities for the website operators and providing other services relating to website utilisation and Internet utilisation. Google may also transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process this data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstances will Google link your IP address with any other data held by Google.