Almost 60 years of Roco model railways history
For almost 60 years, Roco model railways have inspired young and old alike. But miniature models are much more than just a hobby. The Roco model railways bring entire generations together.
A company’s chronology in express train speed
Experience the temporal developments of the Roco miniature models, from the sand bucket to the innovation leader, in the express-train tempo.
- 1960 Foundation of the company, which initially specializes in the production of plastic products, such as sand buckets. Soon thereafter follows the production of the first "Roco Minitanks" (military vehicles of various armed forces).
- 1967 Production of the first model railways on behalf of American companies in H0 gauge. In addition, the first scale H0 goods wagons are produced according to European models from the own development. These are particularly successful in Germany due to the high level of detailing and affordable prices.
- 1975 Tool takeover by Röwa and new edition of the models, which are characterized by particular attention to detail.
- 1976 Production of the first Roco locomotives true to the original models of the Deutsche Bahn (BR 110, BR 140).
- 1977 The first steam locomotive with tender serie 58 of the Deutsche Bahn is produced.
- 1979 Development of the electric locomotive Rh 1044 in gauge H0.
- 1989 The first Roco track with bedding is developed.In the meantime, there is a continuous program upgrade of the Roco assortment, which is accompanied by constant innovations (such as: No shortened wagons in length, close couplers, true to the original track systems, etc.).
- 1994 Introduction of the new universal coupling with pre-decoupling.
- 1995 Entry into the digital technology.
- 1999 Development of the steam locomotive 310.23 in high-end quality.
- 2005 With the change of ownership and the incorporation into the Modelleisenbahn GmbH, modernization and innovation is initiated at Roco.
- 2008 Merger with FLEISCHMANN under the umbrella of Modelleisenbahn Holding GmbH. In addition, the rights are transferred to parts of the program of the company Klein Modellbahn.
- 2010 New digital features and products expand the Roco range.
- 2011 With the steam locomotive series 10, a model with dynamic steam is produced in gauge H0 for the first time.
- 2012 Development of the innovative Z21 Model Railway Control, one of the best-selling digital control panels. Another innovation is the smartRail rolling bed track, an intelligent track system that effectively puts model railway locomotives in the limelight even in the smallest space.
- 2013 Development of the Beilhack snow blower, which is equipped with the latest technology. Micro-motors drive the paddle wheels and make the body rotate.
- 2014 The first Roco Camera locomotives are delivered. Using the WLAN module in the models, a live image is transferred to a smartphone or tablet. In combination with the Z21 Model Railway Control, the entire layout and all locomotives can be controlled on request with a driver's cab or conventionally via manual control units and tablets.
- 2016 With the WLAN Multimaus an inexpensive supplement to the Z21 Model Railway Control is launched on the market. In addition, more digital components expand the product range of the Z21 Model Railway Control.
- In 2016, the first plant will be opened in Vietnam. In this plant mainly goods wagons, as well as some locomotives from the start program are produced. This Roco factory is also gradually being expanded with the latest standards.
- 2017 Delivery of the steam locomotive series 85, a top model with perfect detailing on a high-end level. The dynamic steam is further developed and upgrades the 85 series even more.
- 2018 Release of the new Z21 App with many new technical refinements.